Tuesday 20 March 2018

Congratulations Margaret & Another Man Challenge card

My 2nd Challenge Card





Good Morning Ladies

First of all today I would like to Congratulate Margaret on her 1st 'Stampaversary', you joined Stampin' Up! and my Team a year ago today!!  I couldn't be happier or Prouder to have you.
I hope you have enjoyed being a part of this lovely company, it really is becoming a Key Craft Company in the UK, winning both Craft Retailer Of the Year, Our Team Leader's Blog (Pootles)
Winning 'Blog Of the Year' and Stampin'Up! were Runner Up for Brand of the Year too.
I hope that you enjoy this year as much as you did the last year. XXX

If anyone else is interested in joining this is 'The Time' to join as you get an extra 2 Free Stamp Sets
I have put all the information below.  This really is an amazing offer as you can join up for £99 and until the end of March you get not only the usual £130 of Stampin'Up product of your choice, you also the two extra free stamp sets up the the value of £90.
You can even sign up, get your starter kit that you choose, enjoy the goodies and not order another item!  Some people even leave it a year and sign up again and get another amazing deal!! 
There is absolutely no pressure, that's a promise. XXX



Now onto my 'Man' card for this week's Challenge, I fancied something different this week so I made a Stepper card for the base, for that I used Stampin Up! Crumb Cake card, which I teamed with Night of Navy and some of the 'True Gentlemen' designer series paper for matting and layering.
I stamped and fussy cut the Electric Guitar, Headphones and Trainers from the ''Epic Celebrations' stamp set (which is Free when you spend £45 ).
I made a grungy background on the piece of crumb cake card behind the guitar, I used the Sheet music background stamp, stamped with 2nd generation ink and the dots from the Epic Celebrations' set above.  I coloured all the stamped images with my blended pens and the Night of Navy/Crumb cake ink.  The sentiments were stamped with Night of Navy too.
I am quite pleased with the finished card, it would work perfectly for Sophie's boyfriend as he collects trainers and electric guitars!!

Hopefully the weather will start to warm up and melt the remaining snow.  I am ready for the warmer weather, this house is hard to keep warm, even with the Aga, Coal Fire and heating on, although the coal fire warms the lounge really well.  I am hoping that it will stay cool in the summer too. 

I hope that you all have a lovely day,

Love and hugs to all,

Sandra
xxxxxx

PS.  Please don't think I am trying to be 'pushy' with Stampin'Up!,  that's not my intention, I just want to share this great opportunity with all of you.  Having great quality stamps enabled me to start stamping successfully last year, I now hardly use a stamping tool, I felt that my crafty world opened up, that's why I stamp so often now, I genuinely love stamping, as much as I did Die Cutting when it first started to grow.
I have noticed that some of you are starting to enjoy it too, Janet has become a stamped over this past year, Brenda too, Karen and Val have had a go recently too.

13 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Sandra-what a fantastic card, I just love it. I think that fact that you’ve used a stepper card makes it really stand out.

    The signup offer sounds like a real bargain-I just know I wouldn’t make use of what I’d buy.

    Yesterday was extremely busy and I spent a good part of my day sorting out problems from last week!!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michele
      I hope your not problem solving today as well. Stay safe if it’s nit very nice outside. It’s still certainly cold outside here as well.

      Delete
  2. Morning Everyone
    A beautiful card and so appropriate for those pesky males and particularly teenagers.

    It was a good day yesterday for getting rid of the snow. We still have some on the ground particularly where it drifted but I think that by the end of today if the forecast stays as they say we should be snow free.

    Another busy day ahead of me today. I have to start sorting my crafting stuff which needs to go to Marigny as the car has to be packed tomorrow. Of course in the way this household has become nothing is easy. The postman delivered a letter yesterday with a letter from the hospital giving Jim an appointment at Cystology (his last one was cancelled as he had another water infection) next week. He rang and explained how we are going away and so he has an appointment this afternoon at the same time he will be there with our Friend.

    Roll on Thursday morning !!!!!!

    MARGARET- thank you for volunteering to open up. Now as Margaret has volunteered I don't want any of you playing any tricks on her hehehe.

    The CAFE is OPEN and usual hours are in place. HUGS are winging their way to you all. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card SANDRA
    I am beginning to do a little stamping but you’ve probably realised that I usually give my cards away I make very personalised cards It’s sort of become expected now by my friends and family (I know I rely on my laptop too much too)
    I will continue to dabble for now
    Working from home as an engineer is coming to sort out the oven
    I have bright sun here but I expect it’s exceptionally cold Hope to craft later I have a few male cards to make for male work colleagues So hopefully at least one of them can be a challenge card
    Take care all xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra and ladies
    I was a bit worried when I opened my iPad this morning as it said it was Margaret’s Birthday. And I though, oh no 🤦‍♀️ why wasn’t it on my calendar. I have a perpetual calendar that their on. The only one I worry about is Janet’s card as the first time I sent her one she didn’t receive it. Well I sent 3 at the same time and neither of them were delivered. I’m off to school shortly so I’ll pop 🥤 in later.
    Great card Sandra by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning Sandra and all,
    Lovely stepper card Sandra. Great for teenagers, in fact men of all ages.
    I also thought for fleeting moment that I'd missed Margaret's birthday. I have birthdays written on my craft room calendar but have on occasions missed them. Anyway glad I haven't Margaret. Well done on your year anniversary. X
    Just packing a few things to take to Joan's for a couple of days. This visit has been planned since Christmas but sadly it means I miss Martyns funeral tomorrow but I expect there will be a heck of a lot of people there and I'm sure Wendy will tell me how it went.
    See you in a couple of days.
    Love Valx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning girls.
    Great card Sandra, perfect for the young man :)
    Pat- I got worried too last night when it told me on facebook that it is Margaret's B-day today. Not sure how that comes up, phu now have time to make something special :)
    I wish you all a good day whatever you are up to and if going out don't forget to wrap up warm, another day with freezing temps.
    Warm hugs to all, Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret Palmer20 March 2018 at 11:55

      Hi Sandra & all in cafe,
      Thank you Sandra, you were my inspiration, the offer was too good to miss. You are not pressurised in any way, you may think the sets are expensive but the quality & number of stamps you get in a set is superb. I love it.
      Your card is perfect for any male well done.xxx
      The snow is disappearing fast but still cold wind.
      Janet hope packing goes well.xxx
      Val enjoy your few days with your friend.xxx
      Maria thanks for message & hugs.
      Sending hugs to all love Margaret.xxx

      Delete
  7. Hi Sandra and ladies
    Lovely card Sandra. Great stamps you’ve used. Hope Mat is feeling ok after his mishap yesterday.
    Apparently it’s Sports Relief this week. The school had an assembly this morning as we had a lady from Oxford United Ladies and there trainer in to give a talk on keeping fit. Reception stage ( where I work on Tuesday ) spent about half an hour outside playing tennis and ball rolling. I hate to think what the tennis rackets looked like at the end as a lot of them were scraping them along the playground floor. At least 1 bat ended up with a broken string.
    I must say it was very cold.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oven sorted (for now anyway) He and the manual weren’t easy to understand! A very pleasant guy but was probably from an African country as his English was very poor and he kept contradicting himself But suffice to say I can cook dinner!
    I’m not home alone tonight OH was on an early today and so I will hopefully tackle the cc tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Sandra & Ladies
    SANDRA your card is great for the men or teenager.
    MARGARET congratulations on your 1st year with SU.glad your still enjoying it.
    JANET thank you for Email. Hope Jim got on ok at hospital. Good luck with your packing.
    SUE hope you feeling better does your Arthritis play you up more when cold. My hands & back have been really acheing the last few freezing days sending Hug's
    VAL enjoy you few days away with your friend.
    PAT hope hospitals go well if Pete has appointments this week.
    I've been in craft room this morning trying a few ideas for Challenge card.
    Enjoy the rest of your evening everyone.
    Love Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sandra and all in the Café today. Sorry I haven't been in, blooming migraines!!!! I love every card that you all made on Sunday and both of yours yesterday and today my lovely. You have tuned that beautiful stamp into a stunning card, I love it 😊
    I completely understand your sheer joy at being able to stamp after so many years of failing to be able to even stamp a simple Happy Birthday sentiment in less than 4 or 5 attempts. Watching you now "free hand"(?) stamping fantastic cards without a care in the world. Now we just need to find a tool that makes us use the first suitable papers, stamps dies etc. to speed up our card making (instead of looking through a of our stash in case we find something better and there by wasting a couple of hours which could have been used making more cards) I think this would be a good challenge for some of us, I am the first to admit that I am guilty of wasting so much time for the "perfect" card etc. 😊 I enjoyed my day with you sorry my head knocked me off for a while though my lovely xx
    Mum, Congratulations on your first Stamping up.birthday. I have loved watching you stamp more and more confidently and with growing delight and pleasure 😊 love you xxxxxx
    I will hopefully be back in tomorrow. Sending love and hugs to you all with extras for all in need. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sandra love your card..I must have a go at a stepper card maybe you could do a tutorial.. Happy stampaversary Margaret. xx

    ReplyDelete