Saturday 10 March 2018

Mixed Up Saturday

Pearl Anniversary card

The box

Good morning Ladies,

Some lovely crafts to share with you today, some fantastic shopping too!

The first card today is the first 'Big' card I have made for a while, I felt a little under pressure to finish the card but the lady that ordered it was super happy with it so it was worth all the stress!
The most frustrating part was being able to find everything, also learning to work in a completely new set up.
My card was made using Centura Pearl card, Sue Wilson's Heart Lattice embossing folder, Heart dies, Flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts. I used flat back pearl trim around the edges of the card and box..  I foiled the Sentiment by using a Toner Printer and laminator and some hot foil, I think it gives a touch of luxury.
I used Centura Pearl to make the box too.

Val

OMG!!!! Val, this Quilled Lady is absolutely AMAZING!! This has to be one of the most inspirational Quilled project I have ever seen! You must be so pleased that you took part in the Quilling course Val.  
Thank you so much for sharing this amazing project Val.
XXX


Karen


Karen made this amazing pop up box that has photos of the recipient in several different poses, some funny some lovely photos.  What a fantastic idea for a Mother's Day card. 

The Quilled Brooches belong to a friend of Karen they were made many years ago, which shows just how much crafts come by back into fashion.  A fantastic idea for you Val, your next project maybe. They are so detailed, it's hard to think that they are just paper. 
Thank you so much Karen for sharing some crafts with us today 
XXX

Lynda
Lynda made this absolutely amazing card for Alfie's 12th Birthday, the background was made with Stampin'Up! 'Timeless Textures' stamp set, I love that Converse shoe image Lynda, what a brilliant teenager/ young man card. I  bet Alfie will think it's really cool !! 
Now on to Lynda's as shopping from last few weeks.....

John Lockwood Gerbera Stamps and dies


These gorgeous Gerberas were made using the stamps and dies above, they look so bright and cheerful.



Lynda ordered the Vertical Greetings and Star of light Stamp sets and got the Heartfelt Wishes stamp set for FREE !!, Who doesn't love a bargain!  
We have about 3 weeks left of Sale -a-bration so don't miss out ladies, let me know if you want to order.

John Lockwood's Gerbera Square Background Die, looks lovely but Lynda did say she thought it was a lot smaller than she thought it would be......here is a card Lynda made with it.....

A stunning card Lynda, so gorgeous Margaret will absolutely love it, I see what you mean about frame, but everything works together beautifully . 


Lynda got a Joanna Sheen Voucher for Christmas, she bought the John Lockwood Sandwich Box die set with her voucher, I can't wait to see what you create Lynda.


Lynda bought this gorgeous Die'sire die, so detailed, it cuts beautiful butterflies into the edge of your card, so pretty Lynda, looking forward to seeing your cards.


Lynda's last purchase is this beautiful 'Clara Corner' die, it's a job to get the size from this picture, again I know you will show it at its very best when you use it. 
 Thank you so much for sharing both your cards and your fabulous shopping!
XXX

Cheryl

Cheryl made this amazing card for her Mum's Nephew, I love the vintage motorcycle topper and that fantastic background paper too, David will love this card Cheryl, it's genuinely a real honour to be sharing your cards again. 
Thank you for inspiring us all with this great 'man' card Cheryl.
XXX

Well ladies I hope that lot has given you some inspiration, you are all so incredibly talented, it amazes me every week.

Thank you so much to each of you that took part, you make this blog what it is, a lovely friendly community!  

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx




31 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    What a lot of beautiful projects & some fantastic crafty shopping. I thought I’d sent Sandra photos of my haul from last Sunday but it seems like I didn’t.

    Yesterday was very moving & emotional. Colm (Stuart’s grandson) played the bagpipes as the hearse arrived at the crematorium which made me cry. The Crem was absolutely packed which I’m sure was lovely for Nina (his wife) to see. The hotel where we had the reception was stunning but we had to leave fairly early. Train was slightly late getting us back so we had a 13 hour day. I was tired so I’m sure my Dad was shattered. The only time during the entire trip was during the service-it was exhausting!

    I’m popping into Southport this morning then going to think about my challenge card.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m glad the day went ok even though it was a very tiring one

      Delete
    2. Congratulations MICHELE I’ve just st seen you’re the winner on Sue’s blog this morning

      Delete
    3. Congratulations Michele on winning Wednesday's giveaway. xx

      Delete
    4. Hi Michele, glad he was given a good send off but oh what a long tiring day for you and dad. Hope you can have some 'me' time this weekend.
      Well done on winning Sues mid week card.x

      Delete
    5. Hi Michele
      Sounds like he had a lovely send off. But what a long day for you and your Dad. I hope Phils feeling a bit better today. Congratulations on winning the mid week card on Sues Blog. Such a nice pick me up for you.

      Delete
    6. Hello Michele, I’m glad the day went well, both you and your dad must have been pleased to get home after such a long day.
      CONGRATULATIONS on winning one of SW cards xx

      Delete
    7. Hope you could have a rest after the long day yesterday, glad it all went well. Congrats for winning the Wednesday card from SW x

      Delete
  2. Morning Everyone
    Just a very quick visit to Open Up before I go shopping and I'm runnig late already.

    What a SUPER WONDERFUL SELECTION THIS MORNING. I'll try and get back later.

    So the CAFE is OPEN and ready. HUGS are on their way to you all. Have a good day xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janet
      I hope you managed to get your shopping done today. Not to sure whether our local Sainsbury’s I’d ps closing for awhile as the car park and shop was heaving. We had to drive round twice in a very big car park to find a space. The shop was heaving as well.

      Delete
  3. Morning ladies,

    Wow! some stunning cards and a beautiful haul for Lynda.

    Val...your picture is totally amazing!... the quilling is perfect. I keep having a dabble at this but don't seem to get anything finished due to Mr Arthur Ritis. I have a small box full of shapes that haven't made it into anything I work with. Your picture has given me the impetus to use them perhaps as leaves for my cards.

    My card was made using a buff background with red and green lines to denote centimetres. I stamped over it with a Docraft Creativity essentials Travel stamp (6x 8.5") using Stayzon black. I edged with gold ink and then just dabbed the pad randomly all over. I cut it to size for my card blank, added the topper and some cogs in various colours to match. Then added peel offs for his name and age.


    Love 7 hugs
    Cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl. I only started the course because it was something to do on a Thursday when I was at a loose end but I really enjoy it and looking forward to the next project.
      Love your card for David. The background really goes so well with the car.
      Enjoy your Saturday.x

      Delete
    2. Great card Cheryl. Hope you had a nice day x

      Delete
  4. A stunning card SANDRA No wonder the recipient loved it
    I love your quilled picture VAL and a great card from CHERYL
    LYNDA! What a spend up you’ve had! Lots of lovely goodies I am tempted to get the gerbera frame but as you’ve mentioned it’s on the small side I think I will wait and look at them at Ally Pally I might re-consider and get the panel one ...
    The painter is in Tiling next week AND I need to nag Wren for the connector cable for the microwave After that - it’s done Yay I love what they’ve done so far Have a good day ladies Take care x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the box card Karen, happy memories. The broches are nice, like them both. Have a nice Sunday and many cuddles with Oscar xx

      Delete
  5. Morning Karen. Thanks for liking my quilled picture. I was pleased with the way it turned out. Really interested to see the brooches. They are so intricate. Apparently quilling has been done for hundreds of years.
    Love your box card and what a lovely personal thing to do for Mothers Day.
    It sounds as though the kitchen is nearly complete. I bet you're delighted.
    Enjoy your Saturday.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning all,
    Thank you for showing my picture Sandra. I really enjoy the Quilling Class. Just love your Pearl card. The flowers look so pretty.
    WOW LYNDA what a lovely lot of goodies. Bet you'll have fun with them. Love your card showing the gerberas. So pretty and the card for Alfie's birthday is great.x
    House work this morning then meeting my friend for coffee and then hope to get in my craft room.
    PAT what a lot of messing at the hospital yesterday. Bet you'll be glad of a rest this weekend.x
    Have a good Saturday everyone.
    Love Valxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful quilling for the dress, very nice card xx

      Delete
  7. Beautiful makes by your ladies Sandra. Val and I enjoy our quilling, my lady is orange..
    Love AND Gerbera die and stamp set too.
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks so pretty in orange as well Wendy.x

      Delete
    2. I would love to see yours too Wendy, sounds lovely.
      xxxx

      Delete
  8. Hi Sandra &everyone
    SANDRA your card & box are stunning.
    My Die buying was bought over the last few months not all in one go. Good old EBay that's my buying money. Saving it up now for Ally Pally. Thank you for liking my cards.
    VAL WOW your quilling flower lady is amazing you defently have the flair for it look forward to your next project well done.
    MICHELE love your pop up box great Mother's Day card. Glad yesterday went as well as it could. Have a rest over weekend.xx
    CHERYL love your card thank's for liking mine too. Have a good weekend xx
    PAT sorry you had a lot of messing about at the hospital yesterday sending you both Hug's xx
    Had a bad night last night with my feet it felt like they were being slashed with a knife. They were a lot more painful than usual. Feel really tired today.
    Got to pop out when Terry gets ready. I Have to make CC today so I can send it to Sandra.
    Love Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynda
      My word you have been busy buying. I hope you manage to save enough pennies for Ally Pally.

      Delete
    2. Oh boy Lynda, you have so many new things to play with. Only four weeks to Ally Pally, I best start saving too. So sorry to see your feet so painful, hope you have a better night. hugs xx

      Delete
    3. Hi Pat SHUSH CU might be listening 🤡 Good old Pay Pal.pays when I sell HAHA.xx

      Delete
  9. Hi Sandra
    Lovely pearl card today. Glad the lady liked it. Such a shame toy had to pop to Hobbycraft for glue sticks. Yours will turn up I expect when you least expect it.
    Great cards and goodies today.
    I must say Val I’m very impressed with your quilling lady.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Sandra and ladies,

    Sandra I love the anniversary card and box, I’m so pleased the lad who ordered it was delighted, I bet the couple will treasure it. xx

    What a lovely Saturday display, LYNDA you have been busy shopping, you are going to be very busy playing with all of you new stash. I love the card for the 12 year old. xx
    CHERYL Love your card. I’m sure David will be thrilled to receive a personalised birthday card. xx
    KAREN Great Mother’s Day Card. What a clever idea. xx
    VAL Love the Quilled Lady - a real work of art. xx

    Enjoy the rest of your day ladies, Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello All, dryish today, managed to get a load of washing dry, I do like them to dry outside.

    Beautiful cards and crafts today, lovely lot of shopping also, the only thing I’ve bought is the small plates for my Gemini, which are A5, so easier to managed than the big ones for my arthritic hands, and as I mostly make 6x6 and 7x5 cards so they suit me fine, bit of a luxury but I neede new plates anyway.
    Hope you all have a good evening, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lilian
      I’m glad you were able to get your washing dry. Our washing yesterday got soaked while we were out. ( yesterday was supposed to be dry ). Today because we didn’t out put it out again because it was supposed to be wet. It was dry.

      Delete
  12. Hi Sandra and all in the Café today. What a beautiful array of cards and quilling to enjoy and lovely new stash to play with. Thank you for sharing.
    Sending love and hugs to you all with extras for all in need. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello ladies,
    I have comment a little on the way down and now I got your card Sandra to say how beautiful I think it is ! The lady must have been so happy when she saw it. Thank you all for sharing you wonderful cards, other makes and shopping. Looking forward to the displays tomorrow....
    Hope you all had a nice day and tomorrow be another one.
    Love to you all, Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete